WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Question Sierra Designs discontinues Tracks product line

I'm a capitalist, but I'm also a hiker. First Marmot buys and then discontinues my fav backpack line - Dana Designs.

Now, Sierra Designs buys and several years later, discontinues Tracks, my go-to hiking staff! I've had that thing for 15+ years & it's still in great shape.

BUT, anyone know where I can find a replacement paw print style rubber tip? They wear out every after a few years, and they are not the same size as Leki, etc...

THX
    Be Prepared

I think you mean Cascade Designs. Contact them and see if they can hook you up. I would be surprised if they didn't have parts since they are part of Therm A Rest, Platypus, etc. Might also check ebay.

...and the K2 ski company bought Dana Design and Garuda Tents AFTER I bought one of the last Bozeman built Terraplanes and Seattle built Atman tents. Still have and still use both of them.
    Marmot came along after K2 destroyed both brands.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Is it raining yet?
    Images

Yes I meant Cascade Designs. I called them & they said they have stopped making parts and that's the end of it.

As for Marmot, I must credit them with standing behind the product they bought and closed. My Dana pack started to break down (got sticky on the inside) & they gave me a big fat credit. Though I would have preferred a Dana pack....
    Be Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCloud View Post
    Yes I meant Cascade Designs. I called them & they said they have stopped making parts and that's the end of it.

As for Marmot, I must credit them with standing behind the product they bought and closed. My Dana pack started to break down (got sticky on the inside) & they gave me a big fat credit. Though I would have preferred a Dana pack....
    Hmmmm. I bought a new piece of foam for the backpad on my Terraplane from Mystery Ranch. The original foam turned to dust. Seemed expensive for what I got. If anything else goes bad I'll call Marmot first. Thanks!
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

++ New Posts ++