WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For chest venting don't limit the choices to V neck and zip.

In a fashionable synthetic try the two button Henley from Sierra Designs. https://sierradesigns.com/short-sleeve-pack-henley/

If you want to look like an overaged mama's boy nerdy college student not ready for professional biz attire Sierra Designs has the collared 2 button polo too.

PLENTY of cheap polyester V neck SS shirts found in big box stores.

Quote Originally Posted by NimbleNavi View Post
    Which do you prefer?For lightweight (<200 gsm) baselayers,above freezing temps.The zipper usually costs 1-1.5 oz in extra weight.
    I choose zip.

Zipneck does not add anywhere near 1.5-2oz. I have identical crew and zipnecks in both Capilene 2 and 3. The weight penalty is 1/4 and 3/8oz, respectively, and those are half-zips that come down to the sternum or lower.
    I have other uses for the crewnecks(actually have multiples of those), but for hiking/backpacking, I always choose the zipneck.
    It's warmer and cooler

zip for sure. way more versatile

No zip on my base layer thank you. Synthetic and then layer for conditions with full zip or button.

Sports a generally higher collar to protect the neck. Allows for better regulation of body heat. Provides ample opportunity to show off that sweet chest hair...

Zip-necks for the win.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++