WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Cheap flight Durango area to Denver

As CT hikers know, flights from Durango to Denver are notoriously expensive - often $270 for a one-way ticket. But a friendly former Durango resident who overheard me in a Cincinnati brewery discussing with my sister which town in Colorado I may be moving to next year had great news - nonstop flights from Cortez to Denver are only $59. The Cortez airport is about 60 miles west of Durango; when I hiked the CT two years ago the long, roundabout bus route from Durango to Grand Junction had Cortez as its first stop.

Note that on Kayak, Cortez does not appear if you are searching for Durango flights even if you click on "nearby airports" - you have to specify Cortez.

As always, it pays to drink good beer. And now beautiful but isolated Durango is moving up in my rankings ...

awesome! who knew. thanks for posting

Journal Entries

The best way to get tickets on very small regional carriers is directly from the carrier site usually. Boutique Air doesnt publish a schedule very far out, and is likely seasonal. Prices also can vary depending on day of week. How far in advance, etc. But could be a good deal.

My daughter did some visiting with college friends last summer. She rode home with one, then flew back home a week later. Ticket was $49 on Spirit. I thought my wife was lying to me until I checked the price. This was a route that major airlines frequently charge 300+ for. Not a turboprop commuter.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 01-24-2017 at 07:30.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    The best way to get tickets on very small regional carriers is directly from the carrier site usually. Boutique Air doesnt publish a schedule very far out, and is likely seasonal. Prices also can vary depending on day of week. How far in advance, etc. But could be a good deal.

My daughter did some visiting with college friends last summer. She rode home with one, then flew back home a week later. Ticket was $49 on Spirit. I thought my wife was lying to me until I checked the price. This was a route that major airlines frequently charge 300+ for. Not a turboprop commuter.
    I just spoke with a Boutique agent typical rate from Cortez to Denver around $99.....looks like one way rental about $160 plus gas etc...if time wasn't a problem I'd rather drive and stop for pizza and beer in Salida on the way....moonlight pizza is calling my name from 1,739 miles away!!!

A rental car won't be slowed by the same junk that grounds planes all the time.
    Dude, Kip's Grill. Pagosa Springs or Creede.
    Shrimp tacos and any local brew. Awesome.
    Good luck.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Images

You can also, I'm told, take a bus from Durango to Grand Junction, then the Greyhound from Grand Junction to Denver.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

++ New Posts ++