WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I believe there are some important differences between a well-known manufacturer and its expensive stuff, and a newcomer offering the cheap one with spectacular technical data.

I have several Petzels, the oldes one almost 40yrs old and still working, all my headlamps get stuffed into the pack and pulled out again numerous times and they never had any defect. They just work as expected.
    Once a Petzel broke, and I got a free replacement although the purchase was 9yrs back.

Default A Formidable Challenger to the Petzl e+Lite (Ultralight) Headlamp

Quote Originally Posted by left52side View Post
    This light looks nice but honestly I would be hard pressed to switch from my petzel light.
    They are known to make great lights and I love all the functions of my e lite.
    What I really like about my petzel is that the locking switch actually works and I havent had any problems with it coming on in my electronics bag.
    I might get this to check out and do a review of it at a later date but for mow im sticking with my petzel.
    I agree. I've had my e-light for four years now and really like the mechanical lever to select the function. No chance for it to inadvertently come on.

Journal Entries
    Images

While we're on the topic of headlamps. I carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro more often than I carry a headlamp. It's lightweight at 1.64oz, 90 lumens, uses two AAA, beyond bright and will illuminate the darkest trails with ease, and much easier to use (momentary on or constant on) when rummaging around in the dark. It's easier to manage the beam placement and light output when you need to hit the privy in the middle of the night and don't want to disturb others. I can cup my hand over it to regulate how much light output is needed.If you reverse the clip, you can attach it to the bill of a hat for a headlamp. I've used it for night hiking for a few hours in bad conditions and it was fine illuminating the trail for me AND my partner ahead of me. The only thing I miss from this is a red light.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=133

As for headlamps, the Zebralight H52 is my favorite. I upgraded after I had issues with a Black Diamond Spot turning on in my pack while the lock was engaged.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H4F49CO...I3MNFCQKC7TSUU
    Last edited by -Rush-; 10-14-2016 at 14:53.
    "Though I have lost the intimacy with the seasons since my hike, I retain the sense of perfect order, of graceful succession and surrender, and of the bold brilliance of fall leaves as they yield to death." - David Brill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++