WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default [WANTED] Lightweight, collapsible trekking poles

I'm interested in seeing if Trekking Poles are for me, so looking to pick up a set second hand. Done a bit of research, and I'm not hugely attached to any particular model or brand - I just need something collapsible and lightweight.

Cheers!

Images

Cascade Mountain Tech Trekking Poles are probably the best bang for your buck and even new are less than $50.

https://www.amazon.com/Cascade-Mount...trekking+poles
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Yeah I saw that - unfortunately Amazon don't ship to New Zealand. I can use postal forwarding if needbe, and it is my back up option - but I figured I'd try my hand with the second hand market

Can you get Fizan Compact poles? They are very nice and very lightweight. It's an Italian brand.

Oh the compact 3 is actually on Massdrop for $49.99 if the lowest price is reached! Hmm interesting..

I just want to vouch for the Fizans on Massdrop. I've beaten my to death and they keep going. Fantastic, light, cheap.

Great to know - I want to use these in varied terrain for 4 months overseas, so durability is a big concern where replacements are really not ideal

The shipping buying trekking poles from another member will negate the cost benefit of the deal. Just pinch out and buy a set of Leki for 100$. Dont get twist locks. if you don't like them, just sell them and recoup 80% of your money.
    Last edited by meat803; 08-19-2016 at 11:21.
    AT, Long Trail, Loyalsock Trail, Art Loeb Trail, Cranberry Lake 50, Foothills Trail, PCT, CDT, Uinta Highline Trail, Lone Star Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, Sheltowee Trace Trail, BMT, AZT

Have you looked at Fizan I just got a pair of their lightweight 3s working well weigh about 6oz a piece. I got mine from Massdrop for 49 dollars. Sierra designs as some Leki on sale for 69. I have never had much luck finding used trekking poles except for an REI garage sale as poles take a lot of abuse.

++ New Posts ++