WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Dragon's Tooth trail-NoBo

Am I the only person who has missed the trail after the Boulder scramble going NoBo? There's a quick left after the nearly verticle Boulder section. If you look down the valley there is clearly a path of disturbed soil/rustled leaves, it initially looks like a "path" minus the blazes.
    **Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.**

Don't recall that one, but it was pretty crowded when I was up there so maybe the trail was full of people helped send me the right way. But on Sinking Creek Mtn (a but south of DT), there was a use trail that went left where the real trail went right through a tiny gap in the rocks. Based on the amount of wear on that false trail, a lot of people must make that same mistake (including me twice).

Quote Originally Posted by appompa255 View Post
    Am I the only person who has missed the trail after the Boulder scramble going NoBo? There's a quick left after the nearly verticle Boulder section. If you look down the valley there is clearly a path of disturbed soil/rustled leaves, it initially looks like a "path" minus the blazes.
    I definitely missed it and took my own trail down, was rushed by some bad weather coming in on us, we're not the only ones who missed it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can see how this would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSew View Post
    I definitely missed it and took my own trail down, was rushed by some bad weather coming in on us, we're not the only ones who missed it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    So if I'm understanding you correctly you took that gully/valley down? Did you have to turn around and climb back up or did you just keep working your way to the road?
    **Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.**

++ New Posts ++