WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default VIDEO: HammockGear Quilts - Phoenix and Burrow

I recently picked up this set of quilts from HammockGear.com as an integral component of my ultralight backpacking setup. The Phoenix is a 3/4 standard length quilt that weights just 11.7oz. The Burrow is a size short top quilt that weights 11.3oz. Both quilts are rated for 40F. The unique design of the HammockGear under quilts contours to your actual body shape as you lay in the hammock (this is called a differential cut). Thanks for watching!

Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Good vid i have the same but in blue and there 15 degree
    HYOH and LNT

Nice short video.

I'm about to pick up Burrow and have to admit I'm totally confused about what length will work for me after seeing your video. My current TQ flame is a UGQ 20* Flight Jacket that measures 78" in length (measured it thrice the other day) that I find fits my 5'11" frame perfectly. I can not imagine losing 9" and still having it fit properly. You're even taller than I am and yet have a 69" long TQ so I'm a little befuddled.

Can I presume you have snaps in the foot box?

Hmmm, I think a phone call to HG is in order for me...

Quote Originally Posted by l84toff View Post
    Nice short video.

I'm about to pick up Burrow and have to admit I'm totally confused about what length will work for me after seeing your video. My current TQ flame is a UGQ 20* Flight Jacket that measures 78" in length (measured it thrice the other day) that I find fits my 5'11" frame perfectly. I can not imagine losing 9" and still having it fit properly. You're even taller than I am and yet have a 69" long TQ so I'm a little befuddled.

Can I presume you have snaps in the foot box?

Hmmm, I think a phone call to HG is in order for me...
    I was out on the trail for 8 days. I have a sewn foot box and the short (when snapped) comes right tight to my shoulders as shown. I did this to push my ability to go lighter for longer trips - had I not been after that goal I would have stayed with the regular.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    I have a sewn foot box and the short (when snapped) comes right tight to my shoulders as shown.
    Thanks, I ordered a regular after talking to HG. Was about to order a long so watching your vid saved me a few ounces.

++ New Posts ++