WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Lightbulb VIDEO: First Aid & Hygiene Kit

Over the past few years I have been working to develop first aid and hygiene kits that met my needs while backpacking. It seemed simple enough at first but I found myself carrying around stuff I didn't really know how to use or I was bringing out enough toiletries to stay on the trail another 4 days. Over time it has evolved into this modular kit I show here. I am sure that as my first aid experience and knowledge increase so to will what I carry. Thanks for watching.

- Rob
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and enter your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Love your videos. The gram weenie in me would love to pick it apart and proclaim the lighter options. Instead, I just say bravo. A lot of good information for those that need advice in this area.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Love your videos. The gram weenie in me would love to pick it apart and proclaim the lighter options. Instead, I just say bravo. A lot of good information for those that need advice in this area.
    Thanks for that. It seems there are always lighter options, more streamlined options.

Quote Originally Posted by 12trysomething View Post
    Thanks for that. It seems there are always lighter options, more streamlined options.
    I always ask myself 4 questions when it comes to gear.

1) Is it needed? The lightest option is the one you leave home. Multiuse items often allow for leaving stuff behind.
    2) Is it functional? It has to do the job right and must survive a trip.
    3) Is it as light as it can be? Again, not so light that it is not functional. Every gram counts.
    4) Is it affordable? Light often means expensive. Sometimes too expensive.

These questions provide for preference. There is no one right way. I have found my right way by asking those questions. I am not done yet.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

A beautiful roll of toilet paper is a wonderful thing... only measuring out 50inches degrades that beauty
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

12try... I am running a block for you. This should provide you cover. I do not take toilet paper. I take 3- ply travel sized tissues. I multiply the days by the number used each day. I take that amount. I will let imaginations guess how many that is each day.

Images

igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    Classic scene from my all-time favorite show!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    12try... I am running a block for you. This should provide you cover. I do not take toilet paper. I take 3- ply travel sized tissues. I multiply the days by the number used each day. I take that amount. I will let imaginations guess how many that is each day.
    Thanks brother! A good man will provide some ground cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    A beautiful roll of toilet paper is a wonderful thing... only measuring out 50inches degrades that beauty
    To admit to the world I measure my TP is enough degrading I think

Flossers weigh more and have fewer functions than a roll of floss and a toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by shsesc View Post
    Flossers weigh more and have fewer functions than a roll of floss and a toothpick.
    The weight doesn't concern me much, I am comfortable with the flossers. Thanks

I shouldn't talk I could lose quite a bit of weight myself way more than your flossers.

++ New Posts ++