WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone have any experience with Big Sky...

tents? Looking around to replace a much used and well loved TT Double Rainbow. Before I replace any pc. of gear I always look around.Anybody have any experience with this brand?

And/or...any recommendations from you on a light 2 person tent? I like them whenever I am hiking solo (love the extra room) oroftentimes I do have the better half with me?Any recommendations?

I don't have any first hand experience because there are pages of negative reviews on BPL.

I love our Double Rainbow. Why fix what isn't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkintom View Post
    I love our Double Rainbow. Why fix what isn't broken?

The DR is a great piece of gear...and I usually just replace quality gear with the equivalent. However I always 'kick the tires" a bit because of the rapid evolution in gear. Lots of changes and improvements can and do take place in the course of several years. Will not hesitate to pick TT again.

Big Sky has some decent designs. Customer service stinks as does the amount of time it takes to receive your purchase. I read somewhere it was due to some sourcing issues the fellow who runs it was having, I'm not sure I buy it though. I wouldn't go with them personally. It's a pity as I have been interested in trying the Wisp for a minute.

The website layout has always been a disaster. There's equally comparable options for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    tents? Looking around to replace a much used and well loved TT Double Rainbow. Before I replace any pc. of gear I always look around.Anybody have any experience with this brand?

And/or...any recommendations from you on a light 2 person tent? I like them whenever I am hiking solo (love the extra room) oroftentimes I do have the better half with me?Any recommendations?
    I don't have experience because when I ordered one, they kept slipping the delivery date. When it became obvious that I would not get the tent in time for a hike I had planned, I cancelled the order. I like their design.
    Shutterbug

Double Moment.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

I have the Big Sky Evolution 2P. If you are looking for a 2P conventional double wall tent you won't find any as light or roomy. I'm 6'6" and I can sit without touching the ceiling and stretch out without touching the ends. The weight with 8 stakes is a little over 3 pounds. I was a bit skeptical of Big Sky as well because of all the bad forums threads from a while ago about them. I took the change and they did deliver the tent promptly. Here is more info about it:
    http://hikingandcampinginmdpaandbeyo...lution-2p.html

As another poster mentioned the double moment is a good shelter as well. I have one of those as well. I had a double rainbow but too much condensation living on the east coast.

++ New Posts ++