WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone have luck with Klymit sleeping pads?

My outfitter just got in a bunch of these Klymit sleeping pads and my buddy there is trying to get me into one. I don't know much about them other than they seem to be pretty affordable.

http://www.klymit.com/index.php/prod...ping-pads.html

Do any of you here have any experience with them?
    "You can shear a sheep many times, but only skin him once...."

I have a klymit x frame and like it, especialoly at under 10 oz. I have used it in colder temps and used the pad in my bag and then the bag on a ccf. It is suprisingly comfy for such a minimalist design and I slept plenty warm. .I sleep on my side alot, and while it is narrow it is still comfy for me. I am about 5'11" and around 190. My girlfriend has an o zone and it is real comfy too. I am thinking about getting the torso version and trying that out too.

I own the insulated static V. So far, it has worked great. Love it. Of course, I am a newb to hiking and I used to use the simple ridgerest so perhaps I would love any airpad; that being said, I do like it. I bought it for winter hiking, so I have used it at least a half dozen times and it works like a champ. Mine is 25 oz, but I think they have a non-insulated version for 18 oz. Same design. I got mine on sale for just under $70 I think.

Weight doesn't matter to me so I got the one that I can use all 4 seasons vs having a three season pad only or worse having to buy two pads. It's only 7 oz after all and it makes the colder months much more comfortable.

If you do an internet search you'll find they are a well regarded pad company on a number of forums, this one included. Like all pads not everyone finds them comfortable, but very few have a problem with them from a quality perspective. They do videos of their guys jumping up and down and aggressively stomping on their pads with boots on as a bit of a torture test, which I appreciate.

Their wave x is my go to 3 season pad and I really like it. My girlfriend has a static v and she finds it very comfortable. I'm a little too tall for the static v and IMO it is a bit heavy for the r value provided but it is a good pad at a good price IMO.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I have one and it's light, blows up fast, and all that but it's not nearly as comfortable as a Neoair.

I'm not a fan of Klymit. IMO it's a product marketed to do more while doing less. I've tried some of their designs but find CCF and Thermarest designs miles ahead in effectiveness.

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

I used the Static V on my thru and it held up great, not punctured once. I'm still vagabonding and it still works. Fits inside my Marmot long bag. Not much of an R-factor if any though. Good cheap pad, got mine at Outdoor 76 in Franklin for like 60 bucks last year.

I've got an X-Frame and haven't had any real complaints. Ultra light and relatively comfortable. As others said, more of a summer pad for cushion than for insulation.

Journal Entries

Never had a problem with my $50 (!) Static V from ME to TN in July to Nov; it's going to get me to Springer next month. Why pay more?
    All things noble are as rare as they are difficult...​Spinoza

I've found their products to be a bargain for the value they offer. I have a Klymit pack and it's very comfy. Used it for a 12 day hike on Isle Royale and no issues at all. Still looks and feels new and I am not really great about going easy on equipment.

I've slouched around a bit on a Static V and it seems to be all it's marketed as.

++ New Posts ++