Default Mid Sept. section Hike partner/group wanted

Hi everyone, 38 y/o first time A.T. hiker here, I'm planning a section hike from Springer Mtn. to Fontana. That's the goal at least, but it's not about the miles right? As of now, my plan is to take the Amtrak to Gainsville, Ga. on the 17th/18th of Sept. and shuttle to Hiker Hostel for an overnight and gear pickup. Start the following day on Springer Mtn., no plans for the approach trail. My wife (lesbian couple), has no desire to do this hike with me, however is super supportive. Would love to have someone/group join me, or I join with them for the hike. I plan to stay at shelters/tent with a few overnighters in a hostel/motel here and there for resupply via mail drop and shower and warm bed. A little about me, 38 y/o from the Triad area of NC, work as a Paramedic, new to the long distance hiking arena. My wife and I have car camped for the last 10 yrs and hiked trails in the NC/Va. state parks. Never thought much about hiking the A.T. until the last few years, but now it's about all I think about. Over the next few years I would love to hike all the way to Maine via section hikes, and do a Thru Hike for my 50th Birthday. Drop me a reply if this sounds like something you'd be up for.

I may be interested....I've been thinking about doing my first section in Ga and about that time frame. I'm new to hiking so I may not be up to your level.

Hi... First thanks for the reply, secondly no worries about being up to anyone's level but your own. I'm very new to this, still only been able to get day hikes in. First short backpacking trip is in a few weeks in the Smokies. I plan to take my time, and enjoy the hike. Kinda have re thought the hike, and I am happy to make it to the NOC. Next spring I'sd like to start back at the NOC and make it through the Smokies. Let me know what you think, and if you'd like I can get you contact information so I can share with you more of the plan.

Hey, this might be something I'm interested in. I'm a former emt/firefighter from Gainesville, FL and am looking for a short section hike to evaluate gear for a 2016 thru hike. My email is [email protected]. Shoot me an email and let me know more!

++ New Posts ++